This is it! Maybe you’re ready to take the plunge and have your very own swimming pool installed, or you’re just getting serious and ready to learn more about what it takes. Either way, an experienced and trustworthy Tulsa pool builder is essential for receiving the highest quality work and getting the most out of the experience.
Many companies’ credentials may look good in paper or online, so it’s important to approach your decision from several different angles. Pay special attention to things like liability insurance, which are not always required by law.
A reputable pool builder in Tulsa should have no problem answering any of the questions listed below or providing any of the recommended documentation. Transparency and attention to detail are what separate the average pool builder from a professional company you can trust to do the job right!
- How long has your current company been in business under the present name and owners? Have you ever gone out of business filed for bankruptcy?
- How many pools have you built in the Tulsa area? What comparable projects have you done that qualify you to build my pool?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- What would your Dun & Bradstreet report show me about your payment history and credit?
- Can you provide references for several owners of pools you have built nearby?
- How are your projects priced? Will I received an itemized breakdown up-front? Are their any additional costs that can be added into my contract later?
- What kind of patio construction is included in the project?
- What kinds of permits will this project require? Will you apply for them?
- When making a payment, do I write my check to a personal or business account? What is the payment schedule?
- What kind of liability insurance do you cary? Can you give me your provider’s contact information so I can get a copy of your certificate of coverage?
- Who will be building my pool? Are you yourself a sales person or will you be hands-on in this project? What kinds of subcontractors will this project require?
- What kinds of unexpected complications could arise in this project? What happens if you hit rock or accidentally break a plumbing line in the process?
- How will you protect my property, and what will my yard look like when you’re done?
- Will you provide training on how to use my new pool equipment? What kind of resources and referrals can you provide for ongoing upkeep and maintenance?
During your selection process, you will also get a hint that you are talking to a responsible builder based on how many questions they ask you. Be wary of anyone who will provide an estimate without seeing your property first, and avoid any fixed-price offers. The more your builder understands, the more they will be able to provide you with an accurate estimate and realistic expectations about how the project will be accomplished.
We know you might be excited to move forward with your brand new pool, but take your time to make an informed decision about who will build it! You’ll be glad you asked the right questions in order to receive quality work that lasts.