You’re ready for summer, but is your outdoor living space? Having a relaxing place to hangout is essential to enjoying the weather. Where do you start? How do you know where to spend the money? What makes an outdoor space comfortable? Here are five things to consider when planning your patios in Tulsa.
- Know what you use the space for. Do you like to host dinners outside with a lot of people or do you prefer a small gathering sitting and drinking wine? Do you have kids around all of the time or dogs to watch for? Knowing what you want to do with your outdoor space will help you make decisions on what to buy and how to arrange your furniture. You’ll be able to enjoy your Tulsa patio even more if you have a clear vision. If you like to host dinner parties then you may want to consider an outdoor bar cart. If there are kids, do you want a lot of glass around? Keep these factors in mind when it comes time to shopping.
- Get some good furniture. The first thing you need to do is determine how much space you have. If you have a small patio, the last thing you want to do is get a large patio set that overwhelms the space. If you plan on having people over for dinner parties, the best way to go would be with a table and chairs. If you are going to enjoy cocktails with the besties then you should go with a loveseat. Consider getting an outdoor bar cart that you can stock for the evening so there is no reason to stop the fun. If you know your kids will use the furniture as a jungle gym, make sure you buy something that can handle the rough and tumble. If you want to keep your four-legged friend off of the new patio furniture, then do not forget to get them a nice bed, as well. When planning your budget for your patio, this is where you should spend your money. Invest in a patio set that will last you for years. If you go with a neutral color, then you can make it match your mood as it changes. There are several places in Tulsa to find exactly what you need for your patio.
- Do not forget the lighting. Set the mood with some good lighting. There is nothing worse than enjoying the outdoors only to have to go inside because it’s become dark. Today, there is a multitude of options when it comes to what lighting you can have outside. String lights and fairy lights have become extremely popular, and are an excellent way to give subtle light. These come in solar powered, battery powered, and outlet. So no matter what space you have, you can find something that will work. Another option, if you have an awning, is to add a hanging light. One great thing about this option is that it can have a ceiling fan. We all know that Oklahoma summers can get hot and humid. A ceiling fan can help cool you off.
- Add pillows. Pillows are one of the best ways to make a space your own. Not to mention, it makes your patio a little cozier. Mixing and matching colors and patterns give dimension. This is also where it is okay to change your mind, and often. Pillows can be fairly inexpensive, so when you get tired of one color scheme, you can easily go for another. There are even outdoor fabrics that are easy to clean, so you don’t have to spend hours cleaning instead enjoying your new outdoor living space in Tulsa.
- Finish with an outdoor fire pit. Making s’mores and roasting hot dogs are just a couple of perks of having an outdoor fire pit in Tulsa. When summer turns to fall, and you are not quite ready to give up being outside, a fire pit is a great way to warm up the space and enjoy the outdoors in Tulsa. Fire pits come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Some come with a grated lid, others are open, and some are vented. Take a look at your space and your situation to see which fits your lifestyle.